General Setup Tips
- Account type is POP3 or IMAP. Mobile device users (smartphones, tablets, etc.) should choose IMAP.
- Set your incoming and outgoing email server to: secure.fsr.com
- Outgoing authentication is required using a username and password.
- Your username will be the first half of your email address. (Everything before the '@' symbol)
- Please use outgoing port 587.
- SSL is available and works best using the secure.fsr.com domain up above. Otherwise you may receive certificate errors.
First Step e-mail addresses use the format: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
All of our @cityname.com addresses point to the same e-mail server -- @firststepinternet.com. Therefore any e-mail sent to your email@example.com will go to your mailbox. For example, if your e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org, you will also receive all e-mail sent to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Our e-mail services were set up this way for customer convenience. Unfortunately, spammers take advantage of this arrangement and frequently send spam to your email@example.com. You can solve this problem using your e-mail client to filter out all e-mail that is not sent to your firstname.lastname@example.org.